IRS Payment - Validating Identity
Please go to the IRS website - https://www.irs.gov
2. Click Bank Account (Direct Pay) then select Make a Payment. (You will be routed to the IRS Direct Pay Page. )
3. Kindly complete the fields below (The question mark icon provides additional information on each field)
- Click on the drop-down menu and select Tax Return or Notice.
- Apply Payment to 1040,1040A, 1040E,
- and select the Tax Period for Payment - example 2019 tax year.
- Then click the Continue button. 4. Once done, please click Continue.
Verify Identity page
You will need to fill out the fields with * asterisk
- Tax Year for Verification – Enter a year prior to the tax year you are making a payment for
For example: If making a payment for 2019; Then enter 2018, or 2017, or 2016
- Filing Status – Enter your filing status as it was in the year you are referencing.
For example: If making a payment for tax year 2018, and you were single in 2018, then select Single.
- First Name – Enter the First name exactly as indicated in the box ‘Your first name and middle initial’ on the federal return being referenced.
Example: If your documents have your first name written as First name and middle initial, enter it the same way: Mary J, or Ma Andrea
- Last Name - Enter the Last name exactly as indicated in the box ‘Last name’ on the federal return being referenced.
- SSN or ITIN – Do not enter dashes or space when entering your Social Security number or ITIN. Only enter in the digits.
Example Incorrect: 111-22-3333
Example Correct: 111223333
- Street Address - Enter the address exactly in the box as indicated in the box ‘Home address (number and street). If you have a P.O. box, see Instructions’’ on the federal return being referenced – however if there is a dash or comma in the address, you should remove the symbols and replace with a space. This will sometimes do the trick. For example: If your address was ul. Beldare, #15
You might also try entering it as:
ul Beldare 15 (there are 2 spaces between ul and Beldare, and 3 spaces between Beldare and 15)
* If this doesn't work, try adjusting the number of spaces in lieu of symbols (, #, .)
The short name is likely referring to the taxpayer name control so it would be the first four letters of the client's last name.
Tax month should be 12 (for December) for payment on an annual return for a calendar year taxpayer.