Waivers For Self-prepared Forms
Sometimes you may want to prepare some parts of your return yourself. We allow self-preparation of forms that are not submitted with your tax return (ie - with our signature on it).
For example -- Schedule C, Form 5471, Schedule H, Form 8621, 8938 or any other form that is part of Form 1040 may not be self-prepared.Forms 3520/3520-A/1065/1120S can be self-prepared as they are not a part of 1040; signed and mailed separately – but if you self-prepare a return, you take full responsibility for its submission to the IRS. We do not review your self-prepared forms. In this case, you must sign an additional agreement with TFX called a waiver, which states that you only wish for us to prepare part of your return.
Waiver must be e-signed just like engagement letters.
If you have unsigned waivers, a blue icon with a number will be displayed on the Waivers subsection button.
How to Review & Sign Self-Prepared Waivers
To access your waivers, browse to Engagement Letters > Waivers.
For each waiver, the following information is available:
- Year –The tax year to which the waiver relates.
- Forms – The forms covered by the waiver.
- Date Created – The date when the waiver was created.
- Date Signed – The date when the waiver was signedSigning a Waiver
To sign a waiver, browse to Engagement Letters > Waivers, then click View & Sign.
Once the text of the waiver is displayed, follow these steps:
1. Review the contents of the agreement, then click Sign Here box.
2. Select the style of the signature on the right.
3. Click Adopt and Sign.
4. Click Submit And Email Me the Copy to confirm your signature.
Viewing Signed Waivers
You can easily view signed waivers in your browser. Simply click on View Waiver to open the agreement.
You can easily download a PDF of a waiver.
- To save a waiver to your computer or device, click on View Waiver to open the agreement, then browse to the bottom of the screen and click Download PDF copy of Self-Prepared Waiver button.
- When prompted, choose where you would like to save the file, then click Save.
- When the download is finished, you will usually see it appear at the bottom of your browser window. Click on the file name to open it