I am unable to pay the full amount of tax I owe. What are my options?

If you find yourself unable to pay the full amount of tax that you owe, you have two options:

Option 1

You can request a payment agreement online through the IRS website.

You will qualify if you owe $50,000 or less in tax, penalties, and interest combined and have filed all the returns required.

Option 2

If you are unable to request an agreement online or do not qualify, we can file an installment agreement request for you.

Regardless of which option you choose, you should pay as much as you can when you submit your tax return and then wait for the IRS to send you a bill for the unpaid balance plus penalties and interest. The installment agreement must be prepared for the full amount owed to the IRS including penalties and interest.

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us