How do I file a state extension?

Please request a personal extension in your client profile by clicking the Extension tab on the left sidebar. See more here: Requesting an Extension

Many states are covered by the federal extension, but a few are not. We ask you the relevant questions during the request to determine if you will require a separate extension form (NY is one such state)


These states need to have a separate extension filed from their Federal extension. It can be requested at the same time as when you request the federal:

  • Louisiana
  • New York
Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us