I work for a U.S. company but have not received a W-2. What should I do?

U.S. employers are required to send to their employees a Form W-2, Statement of Earnings, by January 31. Employees should allow enough time for the form to be mailed to their address. If a Form W-2 is not received by the end of February, the taxpayer should first contact their employer to ensure that their address is correct and current.

After exhausting all options with the employer, the employee should contact the IRS directly who will send a letter to the employer on our client’s behalf. We advise clients to wait until the end of February to make their call, in order to avoid long wait times on the telephone.

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us