Does the FBAR or the FATCA require me to report my foreign real estate holdings?

Neither the FBAR nor the FATCA requires you to report any foreign real estate you own, but you ARE required to report any income derived from foreign real estate.  

You are also required to report any foreign real estate which is owned through a structured entity account such as a foreign foundation or trust.  If you bought real estate using foreign financial assets which were unreported at the time of your purchase, the value of your real estate holdings may be used to calculate your penalties.

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us