Do I have to file if my Green Card expired but I didn't renounce?

Unfortunately, the answer is yes.

You are considered to be a permanent resident of the U.S. until you officially renounce your green card, and are therefore required to file a U.S. tax return annually. If you would like to renounce your Green Card, please use Form I-407.

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us