I want to start a business in the U.S. How should I go about obtaining an EIN and an ITIN?

If you are a non-U.S. person and would like to start a business in the U.S., you will need an individual tax number (ITIN) and also a tax identification number for your new company (EIN).

To acquire an ITIN you’ll need to file Form W-7 and to acquire an EIN you’ll need to file Form SS-4. In order to start a business in the U.S., you will also need to appoint a U.S.-based company agent who can receive correspondence from the IRS. We will need the name and address of this agent in order to file for you.  

This package (W-7 & SS-4) costs $500 altogether is if we don't prepare the tax return. If we also prepare a return the price for W-7 & SS-4 is $250.

* Additional info:

We don't file an ITIN by itself.  However, if a client wants to pay $350 for a minimum fee now, we will file this and use $200 as a credit when they complete the return.  In effect, they will be paying $150 for the ITIN, but he has to pay $350 now.
Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us