How do I update my information with the Social Security administration?

You can make changes to your information with the U.S. Social Security Administration using online applications. However, you must have a valid U.S. mailing address in order to use these applications.

The Social Security Administration does not have a toll-free number which can be called from outside the United States. However, some embassies and consulates do have Federal Benefits Units whose purpose is to help with Social Security matters and who can accept your application.

Click here to find the Federal Benefits Unit serving your country. If your country is not listed here please call  +1-410-965-2356.

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us